Current time: 07-16-2018, 04:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lavender Town Pokémon Tournament! [PC]
08-21-2014, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 12:29 AM by Pika~Boo74.)
Lavender Town Pokémon Tournament! [PC]
Hello there Lavender Town members, and guests alike! I've been planning a small event like this for a while now, and I finally have all of the necessities to make it happen! (The most important being a faster internet connection, which I finally got a while back) So hopefully without further delay, here we have, the Lavender Town Pokémon Tournament!

Now, this tournament will not be for the 3DS titles, Pokémon X and Y, or any of the Pokémon titles on the DS. This tournament will hopefully be available to some more people because it will be on PC! That's right, we'll be using Pokémon Showdown!

There are two well-known battle simulators that are commonly used by the more competitive players in Pokémon (Pokémon Online and Pokémon Showdown), but they're also used somewhat by the casual players looking to have some fun!

So, here's how things went down regarding software choice. Upon further inspection, it's clear that Showdown is more fleshed out than Pokémon Online, works more smoothly, and is an overall improvement to Pokémon Online's simulation engine. So, if you're planning on participating, you should likely download Pokémon Showdown. If you're used to Pokémon Online, this should certainly NOT be a big change!

[Image: pokiman_chaudaun_logo_by_jonyxmass-d71eqkg.png]

So, how will you get the Pokémon? For those unfamiliar with the software, here's how it works: You are allowed to pick from over 700 Pokémon in the Team Builder. You can choose practically ANY Pokémon (read down below in the "Restrictions" for more info) and give them ANY moves, as long as they're moves that Pokémon can actually learn. You can give them practically ANY item (again, read "Restrictions" below for more details) and then you can battle it out with other people!

Onto how the tournament will play out. There are very limited spaces, so first come, first serve. The tournament bracket with all of the names will be uploaded as soon as all the players sign up. "How many players will be participating?" you may be asking. Well, kind stranger, I'll tell you! For this first tournament, there will be ONLY 4 spots available. No more than 4, unfortunately. 2 will battle against one another, 1 will move on. Another 2 will battle against each other, 1 more will move on. Those who lose will battle each other for 3rd place, and those who win will battle each other for 1st and 2nd place! I will be spectating the battle to see how it unfolds and I will be personally congratulating the winners who will move on.

So Pika, mind telling us what the benefits of winning the Tournament are? Well, I wish I could, but it's a secret for now. Only the 1st place winner will be receiving a prize in this tournament, so anyone who participates should definitely try their best to win that prize! Big Grin

Here are the restrictions I've placed on what Pokémon can and can't be used -
RESTRICTIONS
  • Shiny Pokémon - ALLOWED
  • Mega Evolutions - ALLOWED
  • Legendary Pokémon - PARTIALLY ALLOWED
  • Held Items - ALLOWED
  • Berries - NOT ALLOWED

The legendary Pokémon allowed are any who utilize Mega Stones for Mega Evolution. This only includes Mewtwo.

For now, that is all of the information I have that is necessary for this tournament. A sign-up thread is available in the >Pokémon Trade and Battle Station< Forum. For any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me directly or post a reply in this thread! Thanks for reading, and hope you participate!

~Pika

If there's one thing I want, it's happiness.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Lavender Town Pokémon Tournament! [PC]
I am totally going to get destroyed.

...BUT IT'LL BE SO WORTH IT.
Besides, I haven't had a good rage in a while! :D

[Image: 76561198077102472.png]
By clicking on the above link, you can stalk my Steam profile for some reason.
09-10-2014, 07:18 PM
The tournament bracket is here now (took me long enough) and we're ready for battle!

GO HERE FOR DETAILS

09-12-2014, 12:25 AM
So ready for this! Just need to wait for a time when I'm free! Good thing I'm off this Saturday!

09-13-2014, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 08:07 PM by Pika~Boo74.)
First Battle! (Pika~Boo74 vs. Pokemonwarriorx):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-163281355

09-16-2014, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 11:46 AM by Μαπσαλ.)
Second batlle! (Shadow vs Mapsal):

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-164134333

[Image: sig_by_mapsal313-d6plce9.png]

My Nuzlocke Comic - Please give it a look!
09-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Destiny Bond, Y U betray me?!

09-16-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2014 07:24 PM by Pika~Boo74.)
Wow, what a cool battle! Big Grin

Guess the final bracket is set:
Pika vs. Mapsal

Bronze Match:
Pokemonwarriorx vs. Shadow

Tournament's almost over! Big Grin

09-17-2014, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 01:03 AM by pokemonwarriorx.)
(09-13-2014 07:59 PM)Pika~Boo74 Wrote:  First Battle! (Pika~Boo74 vs. Pokemonwarriorx):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-163281355

I failed horribly plz don't keel me. I haven't been practicing any!! Stupid Lanturn, I blame you. GG Pika, and sorry for the late post, been working on my previously rushed together crappy team that somewhateffected the battle Tongue

I ISH SO EMBARRASSED

(09-16-2014 03:38 PM)Shadow Wrote:  Destiny Bond, Y U betray me?!

You will never beat me. I screwed up on my first battle... this will never happen again, or I do not deserve the title of Pokemon Master. I made such dumb mistakes with Lanturn... seeya.

NEVER WILL YOU BEAT ME
09-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Hey, PokeWarrior! I'm off from work tomorrow, so I'm free most of the day! Just post here when you're free and what timezone you live in, and I'll see if I can log in here so we can battle!

Also, aren't we supposed to use the exact same teams we battled with the first time...?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Forum Goals
Goal typeGoalProgressPercent
Topics goal 1500 topics 61% 61%
Posts goal 30000 posts 47% 47%
Members goal 200 members You already reached your members goal. 183%