Current time: 05-20-2018, 07:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

6 floors, a legacy, and a community that has become this ghost town.
11-01-2015, 02:10 PM
6 floors, a legacy, and a community that has become this ghost town.
Though there's really no point in writing here, I thought I'd do so.

Mostly, this website's uptime serves as a time capsule of what was. A flourished community that we've all enjoyed spending a small portion of our day to browsing, posting, and nourishing. Over countless efforts, the higher ups lost interest, motivation, and the time to actually contribute. We've had lives develop, relationships to maintain, school to attend, or work to go to. Though with the website's inevitable perishing came a bittersweet moment, we all like to remember the community at its best, rather than looking at what we've tried to prevent.

As an Administrator, I'm not going to play on like the voluntary work was a side job or occupation that took hours off of my life to organize, sort, brainstorm for and execute actions in. It was a small hobby. I enjoyed making forums work. Zukdeen had a vision, but had little time, so I helped him from the sides.

Shadow, Pika, and many of the reporters have done their part as well. As a collective bunch we wanted to add content to this community, build on it, and see something that we deemed as a successful project.

Unfortunately, every time we built, it got demolished. Domain difficulties, spam attacks, you name it. Things kicked this community down and dwindled it to what we knew it as in the end.

To all former staff, and all former friends, best of luck in your paths. Zukdeen, good luck in school. You brought a group of people together and created a fond memory of our early adult hoods, late adolescences, and early adolescences.

To anyone reading this, take a gander at this little time capsule while it's here. It may not fully be the past, but it's the closest thing you can get to it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: 6 floors, a legacy, and a community that has become this ghost town.
A well written piece Sprink, I'll be keeping the website running as long as humanly possible as I have a thing about keeping history alive as opposed to letting it become a lost work like has happened with other areas of the internet. It's one of the main reasons I took over the community when the previous domain went down because otherwise it would likely have simply vanished without a trace and simply forgotten.

* If you have any suggestions for the website / community, feel free to propose them! *
11-15-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: 6 floors, a legacy, and a community that has become this ghost town.
(11-02-2015 12:51 PM)Rob Wrote:  A well written piece Sprink, I'll be keeping the website running as long as humanly possible as I have a thing about keeping history alive as opposed to letting it become a lost work like has happened with other areas of the internet. It's one of the main reasons I took over the community when the previous domain went down because otherwise it would likely have simply vanished without a trace and simply forgotten.

It's highly appreciated, Rob. I apologize for not taking enough time to know you as you've contributed more than any simple content creator could. All that I know is that you're the torch bearer in keeping things kicking. Whether you want to or not is purely your choice, but to be able to come back here every so often has been quite the treat. Thank you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Forum Goals
Goal typeGoalProgressPercent
Topics goal 1500 topics 61% 61%
Posts goal 30000 posts 47% 47%
Members goal 200 members You already reached your members goal. 182%