Current time: 07-16-2018, 04:21 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

4 Years
09-12-2015, 03:36 AM
4 Years
I have no idea if this deserves to be in the news section, but I'm going to put it here anyway. Regardless of who does and doesn't read it. I'd like everyone to read this if they have the spare time and potentially let me know what you think. So here goes -

On September 11th, 2011, I was on my PSP in a McDonald's restaurant. Connecting to the Wi-Fi there with my system's built-in browser was one of the only methods for me to use the internet. I stumbled upon a random site suggested by F-yeah Pokemon Creepypasta on Tumblr - The 6th Floor Forums. It had some history involving Pokemon Creepypastas, which were a HUGE interest of mine at the time. I quickly signed up with a ridiculously stupid username and a random set of numbers - Pika~Boo74. That very action set a chain of reactions to follow in the coming months and years that have been very significant in my life, and I'm sure in the lives of many other users as well. Some of these things are indeed private, something you may not expect from a public site, but regardless, they've helped form a foundation for who I am and how I react to certain situations in the future.

In the interest of time, I'll try to keep this to the point. It's been 4 years since I joined that website. That was the original Lavender Town. It then became PokeLegacy in 2012, and then emerged back into The 6th Floor later on, and in March of 2013, Lavender Town was born out of that second rebirth of that great site. We lost a LOT of members due to the shift in momentum and a lot of problems due to website hosting errors, server crashes, and even the deletion of a major portion of the entire website. Lavender Town in itself is probably the most stable version of the original website to date. Though through every major change, every significantly different modification, and every technical issue we've had, I stayed loyal to the site and returned no matter what. Each iteration brought with it a new way to look at the world. That may sound stupid to you, it's just a website about Pokemon and creepy stories involving Pokemon. To me though, it's so much more. The experiences, the fun, the journies this website has taken me on have been all different in their own right and have brought different ways to approach the world as a whole. There is this constant reminder in my mind that without this site's creator, Zukdeen, and the many versions of The 6th Floor that have existed, I would be a very different person today. Had I not stumbled across The 6th Floor, many things regarding the site itself would likely be different as well. Though it's clearly uncertain what would be different, there are many implications that things would be. For example, I have no indication as to who else really would have cared enough to take care of the forums for some time before Rob willingly stepped in to help and practically take over, for which I'm personally very grateful.

I know I haven't gone too into detail involving how this site has shaped my life, as they are somewhat personal reasons, but telling you this can potentially give you some insight towards the impact simple things can have on YOUR life. I have spent the greater part of the last 4 years on this site, something I never expected back in 2011. And trust me, I've still got quite a bit of growing to do. That shouldn't discourage me or anyone from looking at things subjectively, though. The many changes this site has gone through, the many people that have come and gone in the course of the last 4 years, I'm grateful for everything that has happened up to this point.

Hell, maybe one day, Lavender Town can reclaim the glory The 6th Floor once had... Though until then, thank you all for an amazing last 4 years. Here's to what the future may potentially hold! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: 4 Years
This domain is still up? When I checked months back and so forth it's been dead. Only by random curiosity did I see if this were still up, and to my surprise I guess it's being paid for.

I'd write my own heartfelt depiction for this website, but I don't think I have the current motivation or inspiration to give it the piece it deserves.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 12:49 PM
(11-01-2015 01:36 PM)Sprink Wrote:  This domain is still up? When I checked months back and so forth it's been dead. Only by random curiosity did I see if this were still up, and to my surprise I guess it's being paid for.

I'd write my own heartfelt depiction for this website, but I don't think I have the current motivation or inspiration to give it the piece it deserves.
Yep, except I believe the previous domain was the .org as opposed to the .net. Barring any exceptional circumstances, I'll be keeping up the payments and keep it maintained for anyone who wishes to take up the mantle and help out with it.

* If you have any suggestions for the website / community, feel free to propose them! *
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2016, 02:18 AM
In the event you see this, Pika, I just want to say that this was very well-written! It got me thinking! It reminded me a lot of my own thoughts / view towards things on the site, and I sort of nodded along as I read through it. Indeed, I joined back on August 1st, 2011, and my time on the forums often come to the forefront of my mind! They were certainly good times!

But who's to say we can't have more fun times? I know I left rather abruptly at one point somewhere around 2013-2014, which was really sort of dishonorable of me. But I always think back on those random PMs we'd send back and forth like 10 times a day and name them stupid things, and I smile thinking about it.

Either way, you're one of my best pals on here, and I hope we get to talk more stupid shenanigans in the future! \m/_

[Image: 76561198077102472.png]
By clicking on the above link, you can stalk my Steam profile for some reason.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Forum Goals
Goal typeGoalProgressPercent
Topics goal 1500 topics 61% 61%
Posts goal 30000 posts 47% 47%
Members goal 200 members You already reached your members goal. 183%